Director of Strategic Outreach and Media Relations at Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development
Community Relations Manager for Brigham Young University
Managing Director of BYU Alumni and External Relations at Brigham Young University
Education and workforce development are critical components of economic development and important to the fundamental business need of attracting and retaining top talent.
- Committee Vision Statement
The Utah Valley Chamber is the primary influencer of Utah County’s economy and viability with the development and implementation of strategic education and workforce initiatives to support the county’s projected hyper-growth and beyond. These initiatives include public policy, employer-based and employee training and re-skilling, as well as industry-specific strategies that invest in innovative education for our diverse and thriving business community.
Why Join the Education and Workforce Committee?
- Network with influential individuals
- Gain access to research
- Understand chamber member's perspectives
- Be a part of important conversations
- Enjoy insights into currently active initiatives
- Develop initiatives to promote change
- Make your voice heard
We have several goals progress education and workforce development in Utah Valley in our committee:
- Foster strategic private-public partnerships to become a key partner, collaborator, and influencer with state and local government, economic development, educational institutions, and businesses.
- Facilitate coopetition opportunities to increase Utah County workforce opportunity.
- Become the premier resource to help businesses accurately forecast and respond to current and future workforce needs.
The Education and Workforce Development committee meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 1:00PM MST. Contact us to get involved!