Application Deadline is May 15
The WBN provides a scholarship program open to women currently enrolled in an undergraduate business degree program at a regionally accredited Utah County college or university. In recent years, three $1,500 scholarships have been awarded. The recipients will be selected based on their successful completion of the application package and their demonstration of professionalism, educational achievements, and career goals. The application will be found on the Chamber WBN website, and distributed via email to female business students at both BYU and UVU.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Applicants must be women who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate business degree program at a regionally accredited Utah County college or university.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must submit the completed scholarship application package which includes the application and an unofficial transcript no later than the application deadline.
- Upon graduation, awardees will be expected to submit a graduation picture and short statement of the value of the WBN scholarship.
Scholarship Program Requirements
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in school throughout the academic year of the scholarship award.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate as possible in the monthly WBN luncheons held the second Thursday of each month from 11:30AM to 1:00PM.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend the December luncheon where they will be introduced publicly and have pictures taken.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in service projects and business-related learning opportunities throughout the school year as determined by the WBN President.
Scholarship Award Process
- Scholarship applications will be sent via email to female business students at UVU and BYU in April.
- Completed scholarship applications must be submitted by May 15, 2020 to the Scholarship Chair.
- The scholarship chair will provide a rating rubric and all WBN board members all participate in rating the applications.
- Scholarship winners will be notified via email and or phone by the WBN President and Scholarship Chair.
- The WBN Treasurer will cut and mail the first scholarship check of $750.00 at the beginning of fall semester (August) and the final scholarship check of $750.00 at the beginning of winter/spring semester (December). Along with the second disbursement check a reminder will be included of the expectation to submit a graduation picture and a short statement of the value of the WBN scholarship.