The WBN Scholarship Program
About the Women’s Business Network
Women’s Business Network (WBN) is a part of the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce designed to empower professional women by promoting business connections, encouraging diverse personal and professional networks, and providing development opportunities. As part of our commitment to this mission, the WBN funds a scholarship program open to women currently pursuing undergraduate business-related degree programs at a regionally accredited Utah County college or university.
Scholarship Program Benefits
· Association, networking, and career mentoring with women business leaders in the community
· Student membership in the WBN
· Opportunities for committee assignments and business leadership development
· Professional development and resume building experiences
· $1,500 scholarship
· Three $1,500 scholarships will be awarded during 2015-2016.
· Two scholarships will be awarded from the WBN to women currently enrolled in an undergraduate business degree program (Business, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Marketing, etc.)
· An additional scholarship will be awarded by the Daily Herald to a female student currently enrolled in an undergraduate STEM degree program (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
· Half of the awarded scholarship will be awarded fall semester, the other half will be awarded spring semester.
· Recipients will be selected based on their successful completion of the application package and their demonstration of professionalism, educational achievements, and career goals.
Award funds to be utilized for tuition, related fees or textbooks
Scholarship Application and Eligibility Requirements
· Applicants must be women who are currently enrolled (fall semester) in a declared undergraduate business-related or STEM degree program at a regionally accredited Utah County college or university.
· Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in school throughout the academic year of the scholarship award (fall and spring semesters).
· Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in monthly WBN luncheons held on the second Thursday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm throughout the academic year of the scholarship award (fall and spring semesters).
· Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in community assignments and business leadership development opportunities throughout the academic year of the scholarship award (fall and spring semesters).
· Applications must be submitted on the UV Chamber website
· Applications must be submitted by the final deadline of 5:00 p.m. on August 15, 2015
· A copy of the applicant’s most recent official or unofficial transcript must be submitted as an attachment to the application (contact your university’s Admissions, Records or Registration Office)
· A copy of the applicant’s most recent resume must be submitted as an attachment to the application
· Applications will be reviewed, final selections and notifications made by the Board of Directors of Women’s Business Network
· Contact Sherry Harward at email@example.com (please indicate “WBN Scholarship” in subject line) or (801) 863-6813 if you have additional questions regarding the WBN Scholarship