Taste of the Valley Event Rules
Dear Taste of the Valley Restaurants and Vendors,
We are excited to have you participate in our 2014 Taste of the Valley event! We would like to review several important details with you, so please look them over carefully and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Make sure you read and understand everything. We want you to be as prepared as possible!
**Each restaurant will need to acquire a temporary food permit. If you do not have one you will not be allowed to participate in the event.
- Visit the county offices at 151 S. University Ave. Room 2600. (851-7525)
- Go online to http://www.co.utah.ut.us/Dept2/Health/Environmental Health/Food Service/TemporaryFood.asp
- You will get a PDF form that needs to be printed, filled out, and returned to their office in person. (151 S. University Avenue Room 2600
Provo, UT 84601 801-851-7525 Hours: 07:30 - 05:00 Mon. - Fri.)
- Please read over all the instructions and information provided because you will be responsible for upholding all of the requirements.
- Set up time is from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. You cannot set up before 8 a.m. Everyone needs to be there and set up by 10:30 a.m. and ready to serve by 10:45 a.m. The event officially begins at 11:00 a.m., but some people may arrive early. Please plan accordingly.
- The Chamber will be providing each vendor with one 10 x10 tent, one table and two chairs, unless you told us otherwise. For any additional equipment through Diamond Rental please call 801-221-9300 a week prior to the event.
- In the past we have had over 1,500 people come to this event. Some of our restaurants ran out of food before everyone was served. We are hoping to have between 1,500 and 2,000 attend this year’s event, so plan accordingly.
- By now, we should have your specific electrical need, so the UV Chamber can accommodate your needs.
- Some booths will have to stretch their extension cords several feet to reach a power outlet. Please plan on having your own extension cord, with a minimum of 50 ft reach.
- It is recommended that if you need water you bring a 5 gallon bucket and transport it from the source to your booth.
- The Vendor map will be sent out on Aug 27.
- If you have not yet paid your registration fee, you will need to do that by Sept. 1, 2014. Contact Renae Deighton at 801-851-2555 or email@example.com There’s a $100.00 registration for all vendors.
- You will need to have signage of some kind for you booth. Feel free to hand out any kind of promo material as well. (Business cards, menus, coupons, etc.) We recommend that you distribute specific Taste of the Valley coupons or deals, so you can measure the success of your participation in this event.
- You will also need to provide any plates and/or utensils, needed to serve your food.
- We will be doing door prizes. If you would like to donate please contact John Whittaker at 801-851-2563. If you are interested in doing your own raffle at your booth and contacting the winners at your own convenience, you are more than welcome to.
- Each participating vendor will receive tickets for up to 6 working staff members. You will receive them when you check in when you arrive.
- On the day of the event, each paying person will receive a wristband and a punch card. We ask that you punch a hole on the spot assigned to your logo as people get samples. This will help to eliminate customers from receiving multiple samples. We will provide you with the hole punchers and a volunteer to punch cards.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Feel free to contact John Whittaker, the Director of Events, at 801-717-7933 before and/or during the event. This year is going to be bigger and better than ever!
Thanks for your participation!